Originally posted on 04/09/2013:

If Utah goes just 2-2 their last 4 games Lakers have to go 4-1. If Utah goes 3-1 Lakers need to go 5-0. I suspect OKC will rest guys just to screw with LA, as well as simply resting guys. But OKC has played like shit recently so they might not have to rest guys for Utah to beat then in SLC.

Lakers will probably beat New Orleans at home, and they MIGHT beat Portland on the road if they take 30 free throws which isnt that far fetched. Spurs might rest guys also but I have an idea if Pop has a chance to eliminate the Lakers he wont rest anyone.

But for all intents and purposes Clippers eliminated the Lakers from the play offs yesterday.

Place was the loudest I have heard it since I have been going to games there.

Most telling thing is the severe lack of Laker fans, generally in and around the section I sit in its almost 50/50 Laker and Clipper fans (when its a Clipper 'home' game) Lakers home game its 90-10, but yesterday it was maybe 70-30 Clipper fans and I think it was that way through out the whole joint.

But Utah has a home game against OKC, which they have a good shot of winning regardless of if guys rest. Then back to back games with Minnesota which they should win both, even on the road where Utah isnt that great. So Utah might win out, although last game is AT Memphis and if Memphis isnt resting guys Utah wont win that game.

I am sure the league will do what they can to make it interesting as well as push Lakers through into the 8 seed. I wouldnt be surprised if Lakers take 180 free throws the last 5 games. Opponent have less than 75 attempts I bet.