Originally posted on 03/19/2013:

My Tournament Thoughts.

I was going to breakdown each game because I was asked by several posters for my thoughts.

After breaking down the Nc A&T/Liberty play in game and Colorado St/Mizzouri, it was already a page long,

Then I realized that nobody will read that much and I'm not getting paid for this.

So Cliff Notes

Let me just start by saying, the Committee did an excellent job. All the talk is how this year's tournament is so wide open and yet after finishing my bracket, it's one of the more chalky brackets I've ever filled out

Midwest:

Oregon is really under seeded, they win the Pac 12 tourney and have Dominic Artis @ 100%. They did drop the ball on this one, and it also is unfair to Marcus Smart and company as they have a second round type matchup to start. The game could go either way, but I like Oregon's big guys to dominate here and move on as a 'so called upset'.

Another upset I like in this bracket is for MTSU / St. Mary's to beat Memphis. I'm picking MTSU in that game but I like the guard's on both clubs to be able to beat Memphis.

Not really too much more to say in this round as i expect all top 4 seeds to advance.

I have Louisville beating Duke to reach Atlanta

West:

Here's another bracket where I only have 1 first round upset. Arizona has been up and down all year and after Sean Miller's rant I just don't see this team coming together w/ the right team mindset that it takes to advance. Belmont is screaming for a win in this tournament and they have the experience and the right matchup to move on.

In my first few brackets I had Wisconsin advancing as far as the Final Four, but after looking into it more I think Kansas St will have too many play makers in that potential Sweet 16 game and should be able to move on.

I really feel in love w/ Steve Alford's club in this region. I don't like how many others are picking them but I just think their lock down defense and Alford's ability to motivate will be enough to get by Ohio St and Gonzaga. It's such a plus to have Tony Snell and just be able to tell him to guard their opponents best player each round.

I have New Mexico winning the West and losing to Louisville in the Final Four.

South:

The only upset I have in this region (seed wise) is Minnesota. They are simply too strong on the glass for UCLA. Missing Jordan Adams is going to really hurt them and Tubby's guys will out work the bruins in this one.

My hardest decision in the South was what do to with Michigan. At first I had VCU beating them but I finally decided I want Trey Burke on my side in this tournament and have them reaching the Elite 8 before losing to Florida in one of the better games on the slate.

I like Billy Donavon's squad to reach Atlanta from the south

East:

This bracket I have 4 first round upsets

I really did not like what I saw from NC State last time out. CJ Leslie was yelling at Lorenzo Brown and they just fell apart as a team during that Miami game. I think this is a good spot for an upset as Temple's Khalif Wyatt can put 30 on you in a hurry. Neither team has bench and Howell is banged up for the Wolfpack. I will say that if NC State could come together they could make a serious run and beat anybody but I'm going against them after what I saw last time out.

When Brad Stevens looked at his draw he could not of been too happy. I mean this is like looking in the mirror at his own team. Bucknell has been here before and as much as I hate to pick against Coach Stevens I really like Bucknell as my tournament sleeper I have them advancing to the sweet 16.

Marquette is the weakest 3 seed we have this year. I think Buzz Williams has done an excellent job but they just can't shoot the rock. Davidson has been here before and they don't let anybody take them out of their offense. The Golden Eagles simply won't be able to keep up. Davidson/Bucknell would be a really fun second round matchup.

The last upset I have is Colorado over Illinois. Brandon Paul is going to be a very good pro but I just don't trust this team. Colorado is at full strength and they are so much more balanced. As long as Illini aren't lights out from deep the Buffalo's should be able to move on. I also think they will be battle Miami but come up short.

UNLV has the talent to make a run here but I shied away from picking them. I think the Cuse zone will frustrate Anthony Bennett.

I really think Syracuse is the forgotten team in this tournament. Everyone saw Louisville put it on them in that second half of the Big East Tournament but this team can really play. Their style can match up w/ anyone and I think they have a great draw. I like the Cuse to reach the Elite 8 and maybe even knock off Miami. Although I couldn't pull the trigger on that one.

I like Miami to win this region and move on to the finals against Louisville.

I know you guys will be surprised but I have Louisville cutting down the nets in this one. They are the only team to win their conference tournament and choose not to cut down the nets this year.

They are focused, and red hot right now.

Adding:

Forgot to mention Saint Louis, If they were in any other bracket I'd have them in the ELite 8. They handle Shocka press so well and VCU Defensive pressure is the only team that is comparable to Louisville's. No Lie I said to my friends and dad before the tournament I just don't wanna see Saint Louis and what do you know, there they are, lol.

Also lets watch the MWC very closely. They got 5 teams in and had a great season, now lets see what they can do. I believe they are 5-28 against the Power 6 conferences in the Big Dance.

fellas and good luck on you're brackets and plays. Lets turn a profit this march and enjoy the games! Better be off or working early am like me on Thursday and Friday!