Originally posted on 03/14/2013:

Carseller told me a few weeks ago how he can try and cheat the staker in his rollover points. Now he doesnt say the word cheat, but he was explaining why he bought in for such a small stake.

Ok lets say that he wins 200 points in todays tournament. Now when I win 200, I will immediately buyin at the ring games like everyone else with all 200.

But I noticed that carseller bought in for a much smaller amount many weeks ago and I was in the same tournament. I asked him why he didnt buy in the whole amount that he won. We he bought in for 40 points I think which if the minimum at that table. He said that his points won were from someone staking him and he didnt want to lose all of hte points at once. Fair enough, but then he elaborated later.

He said that what he usually tries to do is buy in multiple times at 40 and maybe he loses 160 points and just says that he lost the rollover. Meanwhile, he still keep 40 points sitting in his poker account for a later time to hopefully rollover. Now any points won later would NOT go to the original backer since he claimed to have lost those that day.

This really only works if you would have a big rollover of over 100 points for instance. His backer would never really know how many times he buys in for 25 points at a table.

But this is his strategy anyway