Originally posted on 03/11/2013:

maddening...but you gotta let the account breathe in both directions...$-inhales (pleasant)and $-exhales (unpleasant)...

you gotta develop a mature, stoic attitude to the $-exhaling days...

you can't get in the habit of trying to get "revenge" or get "back up" with a later game before you go to bed (cuz when the games run out...you might start trying to get things "right" with later spins or cards)...

very often you can "get back up"...but it is a very very bad habit...exactly like changing lanes without a shoulder check...you can get away with it many times...but sooner or later...bam

best thing is take your exhales the same way as your inhales...acknowledge them and know that the long-term path of your bank-roll is up...and it gets that way by daily putting on the value plays...which means that over time the inhales overwhelm the exhales

...you had an ok day...7-5 and just a unit down

keep digging out the value plays and watch the account continue it's upward (yet natually bumpy) climb

if you get the idea i'm writing this stuff as much or more for me than anyone else, you're right...
especially after a good run...we think we can make each and every day have a happy ending...but if we get addicted to "forcing" the happy ending eventually it ends VERY bad...

with good money management...a dreadful day, say 2-10 will always leave plenty of your "powder dry" to continue on your growth path...but if you chase that dreadful day you can easily magnify its damage many fold and cripple the account

i write all this now, cuz the most tempting days to try and "get back quickly" are days such as this...they're also the most crucial to developing the perspective and maturity necessary to resist the biggest threat to your account (our own tendency to crave a heppy ending EVERY day...and our willingness to undertake dangerous games of "$-chicken" in order to make it happen)...

developing the character to go to bed with a small-loss registered for the day is good for the long-term survival and growth of the account...

sleep well, D2D...the upward climbe continues tomorrow