Originally posted on 03/05/2013:

I posted in The Giant's thread on this game and I said I'd be back with more later. I'll make this quick since speaking on regular season NBa games makes my soul hurt. I was at this game at Oracle sitting in the lower level and can say, with complete confidence, that there were shady happenings all game.

We use the term "fix" too loosely. Do I think there was a "fix" in this game? No. Do I think this game was manipulated by the refs all game to maintain control of the score? Absolutely 100%. I had already scouted the money/line movement and ref assignments before heading to this game so I was watching the entire time with a different set of eyes than pretty much everyone else at Oracle.

Here's what I posted on SBR during the game in Giant's thread....

I'll write more on this when I get home from this game. But it's absolutely amazing how much of a hand Brent Barnaky (ref #70) has had in this game.

3 subtle possessions he put his hand in which resulted in a 7 point game swing.

Look up his ref numbers. Home teams ATS are 8-27-1. Home teams straight up are 15-21.

Been watching him all game.

Edit. He just had his hand in it again. 8:02 mark.
There were 4 rounds of loud "boos" at Oracle during this game. Each incidence involved a call made by Barnaky, at one time culminating in a chant of "ref you suck" by the crowd. These were subtle calls....calls that most people don't give much thought to. But these calls resulted in relative game swing of 7-10 points. Not even mentioning the no calls on consecutive drives by David Lee.

Heading into the last 2 minutes of the game the foul call differential was glaring. I believe it was a 26-9 free throw attempt difference favoring the Raptors. No, they weren't earning these calls. It was clear what was going on.

Then we fast forward to the 2(ish) minute mark in the game. Warriors are up 10-12. Warriors probably could have easily been up 18-22 at this point if the momentum of the game wasn't being manipulated. Now all of a sudden this game turns into a free throw contest with a minute in a half left....with the game clearly in hand. This wasn't the volition of the Raptors coaching staff...this was all contrived to keep the score within a certain number.

Now in the end the Warriors covered....there was only so much the ref team could do. Ultimately the Raptors blew the cover (that was being gifted to them) by jacking up horrible 3 point shots on back to back possessions. Problem is the refs let this game get TOO close. Raps coaches thought they had a chance to actually win the game so they started fouling Curry (automatic makes) and jacking up 3s. If they were more keen to what was going on they'd have just driven to the lane every possession. They'd have got the calls and the game would have fallen between 4-6.

My bud and I were watching Brian Barnaky the entire game. The ref "meetings"...the calls, the no calls....it's truly an enlightening way to watch an NBA game.

Was this a fix? NO. Of course not. Was this game manipulated? Of course. Think about it...there is no better game for this type of activity. Late west coast game....2 struggling teams...virtually nobody watching outside of us goons who actually go to Warriors games on Monday nights.

I'm out...