Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=18002420'>posted</a> on 03/05/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
My avocado butter was a goddamn disaster! Im hungry chef.

Do you like stews? Which ones are your faves? Im planning to make beef bourgugnon later today. Whatever the name is.
Stews are my favorite, I believe I posted the recipe to you once on here for one of my favs. Lucky for you, you are in Mexico, so you have access to the proper chiles, Anyway, heres a direct cut and paste from an email I sent, if you have questions ask :
I've spent 2 months working on this recipe, literally, I advise you to give it a shot. I posted the idiots version on my wall, but heres the real deal.
First off, make something between veal demi and veal de viande.

Next, find the following dried pepper pods: Anchos, mullatos, pasillas, chipotles, new mexicos, habaneros.
Use the following ratio: Anchos 2: Mullatos 2: Pasillas 2: Chipotles 1: New Mexicos 1: Habeneros 0.5

Cut the peppers in half, deseed and devein.
Have a pot of barely but not quite simmering water on the stove containing a cinnamon stick, some allspice pods, and a few cloves.
Unroll the peppers flat, toast them lightly on each side, about one minute, over low to med heat, until aromatic, then throw them in the water.
After all of them are in the water, let them sit for 10 mins. Taste water, if it is bitter, discard the water and replace with new water, if not, continue to soak.

Regardless, reserve the final soaking liquid.

Make a chili paste out of the following:
All of the peppers,
Enough of the soaking liquid to allow them to puree.
Toasted and grinded fresh cumin seeds.
Splash of vinegar,
Seasoning.

Render lardons in a pan,
Remove, reserve fat,
Brown beef in fat.

Set aside, deglaze after each batch with water, not wine, I dont like wine in this recipe, though it probably wont hurt.

Stockpot:
Sweat onion, celery, then garlic, add whole cumin seeds at the end.
Tomato paste,
Crushed tomatoes,
A good can of stout.
Whatever is left of the soaking liquid.
The reduced veal stock,

Stew beef for an hour or so,
Add the chili paste you made.
Stew until soft with bay, thyme, mexican oregano, black peppercorn, and thai chili (i penetrating love these things). Give it a good 3 or 4 hours.
More clove or allspice if you want.

This shit can get really thick and start bubbling because of all the solids, if thats the case, add more veal stock or water, you know the drill.
Several hours in when the beef is fork tender, remove half of it and shred it to pieces with a fork and return it to pot.
Throw the bacon back in,
Fresh lime and coriander.
Your penetrating set.