Originally posted on 02/26/2013:

Not motorsport, and I know it's not really cool to talk about your bets after winning, but I'm going to anyway.

There is a 2nd level tennis tourney about 15 mins from home this week with a young Aussie player named Kyrgios who might be our next big thing playing. So I decided to go watch his match today.

Started capping the 16 matches that were on there today and was starting to get confused as I moved down the list and almost every match felt like the bookies had the obvious favorite as the dog.

Honestly I just figured it was me capping badly, and it kind of made me unsure if I should bother betting anything.

Just for a lark I thought I'll just parlay the 8 really strong dog leans for a buck... and as an after thought I thought "would hate to lose this by 1 leg"... so I took them as 8 x 7 leggers for 50c each too. Cost $5, potential $4,000... ah why not.

Anyway, 2 legs were void due to retirements, but as you have probably guessed the other 6 dogs got up to give me 1 x 6 leg winner and 8 x 5 leg winners for $940 profit.

It's not the amount that pleases me so much, it's the timing. The bankroll was looking a bit insipid for the start of car season at just $500 this morning, and I just HATE having to deposit fresh funds. Haven't done it in a long time and don't want to start now. So a $950 winner is such a good thing for me right now! It means I will be able to risk at least double what I what I would have been on motorsport. Plus it's just cool to feel like you out-capped the bookies sooooo badly