Originally posted on 02/19/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
Well, I ended up playing LSU, Indiana State, under on NC State/FSU, Southern Illinois and Wyoming. Really loved North Carolina today but can't pull the trigger. I think LSU can win outright, letdown spot for Tennessee here, and they aren't very good IMHO.
Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
No play for me on Miami/UVA, after capping this the number is right where it should be. I just don't see the point in taking a defensive oriented team like Virginia on the road against what could be the best team in the nation-Miami will control the tempo and force Virginia turnovers, however, I can also see a scenario where Virginia get some offensive rebound points, LOL almost talked myself into the under here...better games onboard for me.
i lean lsu as well, only reason i havnt bet them yet is cause i hate their gm, terrible foul shooters, jack to many 3s, turn it over too damn much, last but not least (and possible biggest prob in this gm) they control the defensive glass all that well which could be a serious problem.. all that said i agree vols off the uk win and they really struggle to score to be laying this kind of number, if i trusted tigers basketball iq id love this play but i worry vols could own the offensive glass and maybe even more that lsu jacks a lot of treys that lead to run outs for easy baskets for the vols.. if lsu plays smart offensively and clean up the defensive glass vols shouldnt get over 65, not sure how big of a IF that is tho?

far as the uva/mia gm not sure it fair to say "mia will control the tempo" when both teams content playing at a rather slow pace..mia d isnt really predicated on forcing turnovers and uva solid enough with the rock that i dont think turnovers or defensive glass be a big issue for either team , gonna come down to executing in the half court which is something i think uva does slightly better than mia at times as they are patient and move the ball (assisting on 62% of their fgs)...to me 8.5 a insanely high number for a gm i feel the winning team might not crack 60..im with you on the under , just waiting cause figured out early on this yr that i can usually wait on these low numbers and get a few more points! seeing some 117.5s out there now, like i mentioned hoping to catch a 118.5 at some point..