Originally posted on 02/15/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
Like he said about Benghazi when defending Hilary ... I take responsibility. Finally some truth. I respect him for saying it. It also applies to congress and untiting them to work to gether and do what they are elected and paid to do. Picking and choosing what things he should take responsibility for is just more of teh bickering and blaming that goes on in Washington. Man up. Put your ego in you back pocket and work to get things done. Clinton did it.

I never said obama should beg. He needs to get things done. He makes another speech Tuesday and immediately heads off to another state the next morning? WTF? He's had 4 years to unite congress. Quit making excuses for him. A leader doesn't make excuses but rather gets things done.

Banking reform - why is it so hard for people to get loans?
Obamacare - ? ya that's a good example. largest tax hike for the middle class in history maybe.
Bin Laden DOA - the Seals killed him. It just happened to take place while he was in office.
timetables on both wars - big mistake. Why give the enemy a time table so they can drag it out until they leave? He should have left years ago now.
Markets in record territory - would happen anyway. Imagine where they would be without obama's failures.
unemployment tracking down - slowest in 100 years or so.
tons more to do.- yup
Not all to his credit, but all on his watch. - yup
You bitch but offer no solutions. How would you handle the constant threat of filibuster on even the most minor of appointments? How would you suggest you work with people who have signed pledges that they won't even discuss raising any taxes. I'm amazed he's gotten ANYTHING accomplished, much less the list I gave.

I'm sure with your vast leadership and military experience, that you're more qualified to end these wars than the people in charge. Of course there are those who don't want timetables, who gives a sh*t? We're talking hundreds of billions in resources and assets that need to be dealt with.

The biggest crash since the depression 90 years ago and you're upset that unemployment has rebounded as fast as other recoveries? show me any old post on any forum from 2000-2008 where you gave 1 sh!t about folks who were unemployed. The mantra over those years were things like

- The economy is changing, move to where the jobs are
- There are plenty of jobs, people just are lazy

Oh, but now suddenly we lay awake worrying about these people? Go sell that BS elsewhere. Either these people are moochers or not.

Why is it so hard for people to get loans? Holy Christ - are you really so uneducated that you need me to do your work on this one? It should be hard to get a loan. I'm pre-qualified and could get a loan tomorrow.

I'm vehemently opposed to some of what Obama has done. The privacy of everyone is lessened daily. The power to unchecked groups like DHS and the CIA should put fear into anyone. The irony of the Obama "kill list" is that I'm sure every president has presided over these discussions, but we're actually partially privy to this one. Doesn't make it right, but it's stunning how the majority of people are willing to chalk it up to "well they picked their side". What's ironic, is that if we found out about this from wikileaks, many would blame wikileaks and not the government.

I don't think for one minute that things would be better under McCain or Romney - not one bit. McCain with his "bomb bomb bomb" mentality, and Romney with his "kick the can" philosophy. No thanks.

You live in a world of generalities and vagueness. "He needs to work better with" or "He didn't do enough" or with regards to the markets "Imagine where they'd be without his failures"

My investments have doubled since 2009. My sister and her kid with a life threatening illness don't lay awake at night worrying they'll get cut off from insurance over a technicality or go bankrupt if her kid goes into another 2 week ICU battle.

The mastermind behind 9-11 (unless you believe it was the illuminati with missiles) is dead. He's dead because Obama was willing to send the Seals ACROSS THE BORDER INTO PAKISTAN (something the right was critical of in 2007/8) The 2 wars, started without any plan to pay, are both winding down - A GOOD THING.

My finances are better, my family is better, the country feels safer. The economy has improved. That's how I see things.