Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=17659782'>posted</a> on 01/29/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
I guess that's what saddens me.

And maybe I am being too harsh on America, but from this far away (Australia) it really does feel like USA is the new East Germany in this stuff.

And so many people using the "everyone else did it" line to somehow partly justify Lance Armstrong just recently has set me of a little about this.

Banning someone like Ray Lewis the week before Superbowl is the perfect opportunity to send a message to the public and players imho.

It's not unfair to crucify a cheater just because he is one of many. You have to start somewhere unless the plan is to lobby to legalize PEDs eventually. And god help us and our kids aspiring to play pro sports if that is seriously in anyone in power's mind.
It is the sad reality but if they punished players for PEDs in the NFL there would no stars left. I agree that it sucks but if they wanted to make a statement they had plenty of opportunities so you can't take it out on one player before the Superbowl when they don't even have all the facts. The media loves to wait to release these stories at the perfect time, why hold this in until the week before the Superbowl when it was probably known for a while now. Ratings and money my man, that's the world we live in up here.