Originally posted on 01/28/2013:

Huge game tomorrow for the Shockers and the Sycamores. WSU is current 25th in the nation, but also Indiana State is getting to love in the media.

Seth Davis on Odum: "Izzo better be careful getting in this kid's grill, because Odum gives as good as he gets. He has terrific size for a point guard and he knows how to use it. Odum leads the Sycamores in scoring at 14.2 points per game, but the Jigsaw Man believes he would sublimate his scoring for the chance to play for a Big Ten title. Odum is third in the Missouri Valley in assists (4.5), eighth in steals (1.5) and 10th in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.65-to-1). He also averages 4.6 rebounds and makes 76 percent of his free throws. In fact, the Jigsaw Man notices a resemblance between Odum and Dane Fife, the former Indiana Hoosier who is now Izzo's assistant. If Izzo likes having Fife next to him on the bench, he's gonna love having Fife's clone on the floor.

ESPN's Andy Katz on Indiana State:

"If you're looking for a potential sleeper NCAA team, file away Indiana State. The Sycamores beat Miami and Ole Miss at the Diamond Head Classic, two wins that are looking better with each passing day. ISU has two shots at Wichita State and one more against Creighton for high-profile Valley wins."

ESPN's Myron Medcalf lists Indiana State as one of his teams that could/should crack the polls in the near future. Here's Medcalf's breakdown of the Sycamores.

"The Sycamores have held Missouri Valley foes to a 41.2 percent clip in league play, second only to Wichita State's 39.4 percent mark. They've defeated Miami and Ole Miss. … And they've lost to Morehead State and Southern Illinois. Confusing, right? Well, Indiana State can end the mystery by beating the Shockers on the road when the two teams meet Tuesday. Voters will definitely pay attention if the Sycamores secure the win and prove that the MVC is more than a two-team race between Creighton and WSU."
________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____

Alrighty enough with that. This line has come out at Wichita State -12. Interesting line. I would normally go for the Shox every time in this situation. But the problem is, this games it AT Wichita State. That is why I like the Sycamores.

Lets look at it deeper:
The last five games with these two teams in Wichita had ended very closely. And that is surprising because the Shox are way better every year than ISU. So the scores from the past five years in Wichita are.....
2011-2012 WSU-71 ISU-66
2010-2011 WSU-93 ISU-83 3OT
2009-2010 WSU-76 ISU-70
2008-2009 WSU-76 ISU-70
2007-2008 WSU-65 ISU-60

So you can clearly see this match up has been close in the past five years. But here is more statistics that make me believe Indiana State cover....
Sycamores are 5-1-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings at Wichita State
Road team is 9-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.

Tomorrow my play will be Indiana State + the points. I think the trend will remain the same in this match up. Expect a physical basketball game.

GO STATE