Originally posted on 01/24/2013:

Just like everybody, you will lose in beginning, early years. If you're smart and educate yourself about value betting, money management, discipline patience; you may have a shot to make profit over long haul. But in order to gain these traits, you may need to lose a lot. Experience don't come easy. You lose, you learn. If you're not a degenerate gambler and if you can turn your losses/defeats in experience, -and realize failure is a great thing- you may fail your way to the top at the end.

But remember, very few people (%2 according to Mr. Tony Stoffo but I believe this number must be below %1) are making money over the long haul. All the rest, are losing. Why? Because they treat it like a hobby. They bet for fun. What's so funny about it? I really don't understand. In your early years, you will enjoy it. The joy of gambling, winning a beat with a final buzzer etc. But if you're betting for fun, it may cause you to make fun bets, action bets.

Some people say bet for fun, bet small etc. I strongly disagree. Sports betting must be taken as an investment, a business in my opinion. What's so fun about losing money over long haul? What's so fun about losing your super-fantasy-fun 8-teamer parlay tickey by one game? Bet real cash, be a serious sports bettor if you have the balls and required skills of course. Some people can't success in gambling but they don't quit. Just do it only if you're making profit over long haul. If you're not making any money, quit it. Betting for fun is stupid, there's more funny/entertaning things in life then gambling.

If you still want to bet, please masterize money management. I left a fortune in table in my early years because it took long time for me to develop this skill. Going all-in, Chasing..Don't do it. Stick with a strict, boring money management plan. Don't try to get rich in one night. Remember, Rome wasn't build in a day. Patience is the key. Good luck!