Originally posted on 01/24/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Honestly, I will retire from gambling once I am married. Gambling sucks the life out of you. Its not worth making extra money if you are not able to spend time with family and friends.

Spot on,

I've been gambling literally for over 25 years. I've tried to calm some of the kids down here and give sound advice but I'm often met with hostility and stupidity.

It is true, Gambling will consume you and possibly ruin you. It almost ruined me. The only way I could control my gambling was to first convince my wife and a friend, who hate gambling, that I know what I'm doing and then include them. We formed a gambling group with each individual responsible for various tasks. My wife handles the Money, my friend who's a stoic professional places the bets , Myself and one other makes the picks depending on the sport and additional investors come and go. I had to take the money out of my hands. It was the only thing that would save our marriage.

Problem with this method is that there are only a handful of books that can handle our action, so our line selection is limited and profit is slow an steady. The slow profit part creates a problem because I occasional have sneak in a deposit to feed the dragon, and always lose it. Then I have to explain to the wife where the money went, and usually lie doing it and in come the headaches.

In order to survive this hobby into the future is to marry a women (or man) who hates gambling and who has the love and self control to help you control it. If you cant find one, then you have to quit gambling or else suffer a life of misery.