Originally posted on 01/11/2013:

NOboy. I like that you have provided a lot of good information/insights, obviously you have done a lot of research on these teams and know a great deal about both squads.

Having said that, there is too much nonsense in here to even get into all of it. First off, you go through everyone of Seattle's close games and write a sentence negating their positive accomplishments and trumping up the importance of their negative ones. I could write equivalently glowing one sentence reviews on each of those games. On the other hand, every Atlanta game is described either exceptionally, or when such a summary would be impossible, with at worst a "couldn't get it done".

How badly can you say Seattle was beaten by the double move last week when the skins couldn't even muster 100 yds? Every team is succeptible to the double move!! its an effective play that is hard to pull off. It takes time to develop. You need a lot of protection, and probably an added level of deception like a pump fake or play action. If this is seattle's biggest fear, a play that might occur twice in the game, than they're doing great.

"with this game being at home, i can see the falcons receivers drawing some flags from the corners. if yall watched the skins game, there were a LOT of extra curricular activity going on with them."
Well, that game with all the 'extra curriculars' also happened on the road. And all that was called on the *DBs was one illegal contact on Browner.

LOL!!!! at their win last week? coming back from 14 down against a team at home who had won 7 straight? 2 of which were without the much vaunted RG3. RG3 looked bad last week sure, but no worse than he did in the seasonfinale against the cowboys. Atleast until late in the third when the momentum had already swung. Even if it is tainted by that fact, the seahawks players don't think that. They will go into this game with confidence, and hold onto it throughout the contest. Going down early will inspire rather than discourage after the performance they just had.

What I think is the most important aspect of this game is how the Hawks can deal with Atlanta's screen game. This is the most consistent aspect of their offense, with Ryan completing about 90% of the passes he attempts to targets behind line of scrimmage, with a league best QBR. If seattle can control this without their safeties having to get too involved, then roddy/julio won't be seeing the one on ones deep that they like to exploit. The physicality and superior tackling of browner/sherman are very well suited to stop this sort of attack, and I think this will make the ATL offensive very inconsistent with their absolute inability to run the ball. Gonzo will be a huge factor if ATL can overcome this.

*** Even with all the things I've said that are going for the Seahawks. I am not under estimating the difficulty seattle will have in pulling of their gameplan after having to travel and play in the ET and inside a dome. Their ideal conditions would be the exact opposite.