Originally posted on 12/29/2012:

Like a lot of you i had a large balance at bet islands as did several other people i know. I have several contacts in costa rica and they are all telling me the major books and some of the minor books finally started to realize just how much the theft of 1.5 million dollars worth of players funds by bet islands would hurt the offshore industry as a whole and have decided to meet in the coming weeks in an effort to find a solution. Early word is that several books could get together and offer players a bailout package where your bet islands balance would be split up 4 or 5 ways and you would be required to deposit 25% of your bi balance and then roll that plus your bi balance over 20 times and no one would be able to withdraw for 30 days. A solution like this would be beneficial to all parties involved as the bigger books would protect the industry and restore faith amongst offshore players they wont get ripped off and players obviously would not lose their hard earned money. Also for those of you who had money at bet islands do not give up hope. We are more powerful united and we cannot let people steal our money. I have no beef with sbr at this point unless i see some direct evidence i think that they were not involved with this but do owe their members and the offshore industry as a whole a big effort to help facilitate this proposed deal among the major book managers in cr.