Originally posted on 12/27/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
Cashed in enough points to get $ 400 worth of Target gift cards and they arrived on Dec 24...just in time to give to my daughter who just got out of the air force and was very greatful for the little extra in her Christmas stocking. Became a Pro by donating to Doctors Without Borders and steadily collected points.

Don't post much but really have a good time visiting SBR everyday. I have had accounts at over 30 shops thru the years and have never been burned, but a lot of it has to do with good luck and minimizing risk by staying with books that have a decent reputation. Of course I am a recreational gambler that keeps less than .5% of my net worth in offshore post up accounts. If any of my outs ever went belly up like BI I would be pissed, but shrug my shoulders and accept it as part of being a US citizen in this environment. I am sure many will disagree, but as a grown up I don't blame anyone else for decisions I make that turn out badly other than myself. Maybe SBR was complicit in the BI situation, maybe not. To some degree they have accountability due to the nature of the site (ratings and such), but in the end each of us has to access the risk of sending money to someone we have never met in a Central American country and hoping it turns out alright in the end. I blame our lottery supporting governemnt more than the forums who try to inform while also making a profit. They are part of my decision making process when sending post up funds, but in the end I only have to look in the mirror if I get burned.

Love the sight and am highly entertained by some of the drama....Have a great holiday and once again Thanks SBR..you helped make my veteran Air Force Daughter's Christmas a little brighter.
Thanks Dad for the write-up!