Originally posted on 12/26/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
how can you of all people not bet OKC today?

i have to agree with TWizzle....you were hedging. People on this site view you as more of a fan then a gambler.
I am more of a fan than a gambler. That is a correct assumption. Going to Thunder games is a hell of a lot more fun than hoping the Craptors cover a spread against the Blazers or something. My best friend also works for the Thunder organization so it's cool to hear things about the team that the public never gets to know. It's also cool hearing stories about opposing team's shoot arounds and some of the things they do. I guess you could say I am a lot closer to the team I root for than most people.

With that said, I feel like I have a pretty good feel for OKC. I warned not to bet them yesterday and what do you know, they lost and didn't cover. Some people call me a homer but I don't know how I'm a homer when I advocate going against them in a lot of situations but yes, I am a fan so of course I get excited when they do well.

I'm still confused on how I was hedging when I said I thought the Heat would win and cover. I had no bet on the game. Had OKC won, I would have been happy yes but why wouldn't I have been?