Originally posted on 12/22/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
Not saying that at all Mars. Just letting you know I have more trust in a police officer. I have friends who own guns and also family members; I'd say 50 percent are very careful and the other 50 percent I could see them getting upset/ mad and popping off real easy.
Well I own guns and I'd say 80-90 percent of the gun owners I know are very responsible. But that's not really important. Honestly I'm not real fond of the idea of filling our schools with armed guards. My idea was simply to try to find a way to do it, if that's whats decided, without over burdening police who already are pulling overtime way too often.

In a better world you could pull all the officers working on busting low level drug abuser and all marijuana users and put them in schools. That would take away a huge revenue source for law enforcement, cops and DA's make a ton of money on the so called war on drug. So you'd have to find funding somewhere. Good news the military and police is always first on the GOP funding list so you might get bi-partisan support.