Originally posted on 12/22/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
LOl ...make a living while not having access to your funds. Great point.
I never suggested small balances; I said being able to access my funds. I understand your play and style of play.I disagree. If you add the risk of playing at a d book it minimizes your return on your winnings to make a living. Value vs. risk.
This is like a small stakes poker player turning on Game Show Network and seeing Daniel Negreanu sitting with $1M in chips in front of him, and saying "what bullshit, nobody plays no limit with that kind of money".
Nothing like that. If I have to explain this than it really does not matter. Playing no limit with much bigger stack is a bad bad example. Your whole stack is not at risk only what is in the pot is at risk. You can walk away with your money when you want. Placing a big stack at a d book immediately places your whole stack at risk and that is with out betting 1 game.

Try collecting stamps.
I've been stiffed at more A and B books than D books. If you're not posted up at a D book then you don't understand the necessity of playing there. For you the security of your money may be number one, for others it's about getting their money down.