Originally posted on 12/14/2012:

I said it in a couple other threads, I figure 46-35 gets a team in. I also broke it down where even if everyone come back and is healthy before Christmas, they still will have a very difficult time making the play offs.

Its still relatively early, and being back 2.5 (from the 8 seed) might not sound like much it is only going to widen until they get everyone back and are able to actually show they can win.

The funniest part is watching these tal,king heads all change their tune now and backtrack. I started saying Lakers were in trouble last year. They just had a 'perfect' season in regards to injuries and effort. This year they have gotten hurt, and have zero effort especially on the defensive side of the ball. So that exposes their sever lack of depth even more. They got exposed in the play offs last year but it ended so quickly n one had the time or bothered to mention it. Then they signed Nash and rented Howard and everyone said they wee instant contenders. Only guy who said they would stlll struggle..me. They should pay me to talk about the NBA, I predicted this shit for the past two years. Only thing I got 'wrong' was I figured it would be Howard who wouldnt be playing, instead it is nash. So ask yourself this question in August who will have a bigger impact on being injured Nash or Howard? But since they hired Dantoni that might change some peoples minds. But still 80% of people would say Howard. They only say Nash now because it is happening and they need to grasp as straws for reasons why the Lakers suck rather than looking at the obvious ones.

even totally 100% healthy this team would probably only be 14-9, so surely not serious contenders, but still somewhere around a 6 or 7 seed, instead of the 12 seed they are.