iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Top to Bottom: NFL Quarterbacks...

Originally posted on 12/13/2012:

After watching the Patriots dismantle the Texans on Monday night, and realizing the gap between Brady and Schaub being the clear difference in the game, I figured it would be a good time to rank the NFL Quarterbacks from Top to Bottom as I see things currently...

1. Aaron Rodgers (Packers) To me, he is the greatest football player we've ever seen. Some will say this is premature, others will say this is crazy... but if you go down the list of attributes, you have to at least consider it... He is Smart, Mobile, Accurate, Strong-Armed, Tough, and a Proven Winner...

2. Tom Brady (Patriots) Clearly an all time great... His ability to not only find, but lead receivers and let them run in stride goes unnoticed as one of his greatest qualities... I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I wonder where he'd be without Coach Belichick and their offensive line though...

3. Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers) The way he shed's tackles, extends plays, and buries teams single-handedly gets overlooked by many, but not me... I've always said, put him on the worst team in the league and they are instantly an 8-8 team...

4. Peyton Manning (Broncos) He's looked really good this year, but he has picked on the worst division in football... Probably the most prepared, aware QB we have ever seen... A head coach and QB all in one... If we were to nit-pick though, you could point to his lack of mobility and I question his ability to perform at an elite level in bad weather...

5. Drew Brees (Saints) As we've seen this year, not the same player outside the dome or when his defense lets him down. Too short and not mobile enough to be considered one of the best. Needs weapons to succeed... but still a very good QB...

6. Robert Griffin III (Redskins) Much like Vick, RG3 is a rare and special talent... The funny thing about them is they are the only QB's that get worse the day they step on the field... Griffin will never be as good as he is now... He will either be slowed by injuries or coaches that want to save him from injuries, and that is the problem... He is in his Prime, enjoy him while you can!!!

7. Eli Manning (Giants) At one point early in his career he was considered a bust... Now most consider him a legend Where would he be without that defensive line and the catches by Tyree and Manningham??? 4th Quarter comebacks you say, why is he behind in the first place???

8. Matt Ryan (Falcons) A poor-man's Peyton Manning... Needs weapons and nice weather to succeed.. Will never truly live up to the hype... Not mobile...

9. Andrew Luck (Colts) He is a mixture of Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning... The Eli Manning in him that stares down receivers and throws picks might cost him a spot in Canton...

10. Andy Dalton (Bengals) Nice to have one of the best young receivers in the league... He can role out and throw dimes on the run... but lacks touch at times and doesn't ad lib very well...

11. Tony Romo (Cowboys) Speaking of ad libbing, this guy used to be great at it... Then someone told him he was a pocket passer and his short ass has struggled ever since... I don't care what his QB Rating is...

12. Jay Cutler (Bears) Talented as they come, but frail and inconsistent... His herky-jerky motion and happy feet are hard to get used to...

13. Russell Wilson (Seahawks) Much like Flutie and Romo before him, he is stealing the fans hearts, running around and winning games right out the gate... Sadly, he will be just another undersized QB that wont be able to throw over the line pretty soon... Will never win the big one...

14. Phillip Rivers (Chargers)
    I've never liked this guy... Not mobile and throws sidearm...but I guess you have to give him credit for being a good leader and putting up a bunch of points in his career...

15. Matt Schaub (Texans) This guy is the reason I wrote this... The Patriots exposed him for being a system QB that doesn't have the ability to make plays when his team needs them... He's a "Hall of Famer" when the Titans and Jaguars bite on play-action and leave Johnson and Daniels wide open 40 yards down field...

16. Matthew Stafford (Lions) Would probably be around #20 on this list without the best receiver to ever live... but it's hard to say how bad he'd be without him... We do know that he isn't mobile, not very accurate, injury prone, doesn't throw with touch very well, and hasn't won anything yet...

17. Brandon Weeden (Browns) With only a few games to go on, it looks like we have a winner on our hands here... Not the most talented guy in the world, but I could see him being a "game manager" type QB that ends up in a Super Bowl one day... Reminds me of a Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson type QB...

18. Cam Newton (Panthers)
    It's safe to say he isn't very bright, and isn't as mobile as people once thought... His best asset is probably his toughness, sadly to say... Good at landing endorsement deals and winning peoples fantasy leagues...

19. Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) I think he should be higher on this list, but when you are throwing to guys like Hartline and Bess, it's hard to make a name for yourself... I see him leading the Dolphins to the playoffs within 2 years...

20. Colin Kaepernick (49ers) His immaturity has been on display the last few weeks... Obviously talented and can throw with great touch... If he proves to be capable of leading a team late, he will skyrocket up this list...

21. Joe Flacco (Ravens)
    Elite Does anyone take worse sacks than this guy?? Good luck with Dumervil and Miller this week...

22. Josh Freeman (Buccaneers) This guy's stock has been bouncing around the last few years... Great? Bust? Average?? He's tall and throws a lot of jump balls to the sidelines... Doesn't do anything that makes you say "wow"...

23. Christian Ponder (Vikings) His stock has been plummeting of late... (Could be people jealous of his future wife) If it wasn't for Peterson, he might not even be starting right now... Mobility his strength, boneheaded interceptions his weakness...

24. Jake Locker (Titans) Physical specimen with very high ceiling... Just doesn't look like he will ever pan out though...

25. Nick Foles (Eagles) Only a couple games to go on, but he is too much of a lead foot for my liking...

26. Ryan Fitzpatrick (Bills) Is it just me, or is it every time I watch a Bills game, it seems like this guy is getting a slant pass knocked away by a defensive back?? Doesn't throw a good deep ball and not very mobile... Serviceable, but needs a great team around him to succeed...

27. Sam Bradford (Rams) To fragile to scramble, not smart enough to make reads, no touch to throw over linebackers... Overrated!!!

28. Mark Sanchez (Jets) He can model and star in bi-lingual commercials

29. Henne/Gabbert (Jaguars) Henne is a journeyman, Gabbert is one of the worst QB's I have ever seen... He just spews of fear when he is in the pocket... I wouldn't doubt he is faking these injuries... Won't be in the league in 3 years...

30. Carson Palmer (Raiders) Old, Slow, and Rich... No one to throw to and no chance of winning... Probably just trying to make it to retirement healthy...

31. Cassel/Quinn (Chiefs) Cassel throws and ugly ball that seems to always float to the wrong team... Quinn is a public speaker...

32. The Three Blind Mice (Cardinals) You could grab three guys off the street and they would do better than these guys have...
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 03-06-15 at 10:40 AM.