Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=17099042'>posted</a> on 12/12/2012:

This line confuses me. Ive randomly found myself going in on a lot of DePaul games over the past two years and even went to a few games when I lived in Chicago.

On its face ASU looks like a sure winner. DePaul is improving with their coaching change a few years back but they are so damn inconsistent. Some things about DePaul:

-They are not a team that likes to run their offense on a set, structured half court offense. They move in from the wings with their swingmen Young and Cleveland doing a lot of the heavy work. These guys are shooting 51% and 47%...that is not really sustainable as these two guys are over 1/3 of their offense.

-They have looked miserable against the best two teams they've played. They struggled last week against the abysmal Chicago St. team.

-They can run and if they shoot moderately well, their ball movement and pace can make up for an otherwise basic offense.

This is one of those games where unless you've studied film on either team youre lying if you really think you know how its going to play out. I'd say you almost have to take the points because its not entirely impossible that DePaul wins, just looks unlikely unless they get things rolling. Its not that theyre overmatched, its more that they have to be clicking to win this one.