Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16948480'>posted</a> on 11/29/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
Sammy thinks MORE threads should be moved to Saloon or appropriate sub-forum
I concur with Sammy on this one.

The reason the Saloon still retains this stigma of "where threads go to die" is because of the double standard in selecting threads for it. Why do people who make videos about non-gambling related topics earn a pass out of the Saloon? The content perfectly fits the reason the Saloon exists, so stick with that and let it be known as the place to go to get a chuckle when you're done talking gambling for the day.

I'm with Shari in that the Saloon is my first stop at SBR, and my only complaint about it is that SBR has yet to force the majority of PT posters to adopt both places as a home. All you're doing when you move non-gambling videos into PT or s-link a thread to the Saloon instead of outright moving it is giving people every reason never to go to the Saloon.

So many of SBR's complaints stem from the capriciousness of their decision making as it relates to the forum; simply end that once and for all and start treating everyone equally. Doesn't matter if you're JJ, Brock or IWin, you make a thread/video about something non-gambling related, it's Saloon-only. It won't take long before you finally see the Saloon fulfill its destiny as a vibrant part of SBR as opposed to the penalty box for posters without the clout to keep their threads in PT.

EDIT: The hardest part, without a doubt, will be realizing that a lot of the sports banter currently in PT rightfully belongs in the Saloon. People will scream bloody murder at first when you move their Hall of Fame or trade rumour threads to the Saloon, but if you're serious about making both forums work, you have to concede that idle speculation about sports is Saloon material, not PT. However, the vacuum created should lead to more people making gambling threads in PT because they'll stay on page one longer and get more replies.