Originally posted on 11/28/2012:

Against my better judgement I am going to make this post given all the personal attacks vs me and Betislands lately.

For over 4 years now I have posted on this forum trying to help players out , give a better service and clear any doubts... taking the insults , the name calling from most clients that in the end just did not get their way with us and wanted more non deposit freeplays and I said no.

I try and do what most GMs/ owners dont, come on here on a daily basis and take care of everyone the best I can and I honestly think I take care of 99% of players. Yes I take alot on my plate but I see players complaining about the smallest issues and starting threads when they just needed to contact us and be a bit patient to get the issue resolved. I get over 200 emails daily and phone calls of people asking me for free money or trying to extort me with this very forum so I apologize If sometimes a real client issue falls through the cracks.

Now over the last month YES we have had some tech issues , YES we were down and for that there is no real excuse but I come on here and tried to compensate players with bonuses alot of them who did not even have a balance at BI but still something that no other or very few books do somehow we are still the bad guys. I keep saying no book is perfect every book has issues but it seems issues with Betislands get blown out of astronomical proportions . Maybe its because people know I will come to the rescue and try to rectify it or maybe they just want free money.

Point is guys no book is or will ever be perfect I cant always be the hero , sometimes I HAVE TO SAY NO and that does not make me a villain it just makes me a business owner making the right calls.

So my apologies if you feel you are not getting the best service I really do try to make BI a top out and I demand 110% from my staff but we are not robots there are times during a day when our work load is larger than normal so sometimes the service may be a more get to the point than the standard friendly CS at Betislands.

So again if you need me email and I will do my best to take care of everyone.

Cheers

Jon