Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16863686'>posted</a> on 11/22/2012:

Teasers are a play where you buy points for sides or totals...This can be done in american football, basketball, and rugby that I know of.....Basically you are adding points for a reduction in odds so to speak....

Here's an example tomorrow the Pats are favored by 8 over the Jets...The total on the game is 48.5....Now say you thought the game was going to be tight, low scoring but the Pats would win but maybe not cover the spread....You might choose to tease this game by like let's say 7.5 points....

So you would have the Pats -.5 and total under 56 points.....You can play odds at my book that ties win , lose or reduce....

My books odds on this play are :

ties reduce -135
ties win -143

there are no ties lose odds for this particular play at my book....

In football at my book, you can buy as low as 5 points or as high as 20 points.....

I might as well jinx myself and tell you my teaser for tomorrows games....I bought 13.5 points for 5 games....here is my play :

Houston Texans +10 *vs Detroit Lions
Houston Texans/Detroit Lions Over 36
Washington Redskins +16½ * vs Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins/Dallas Cowboys Over 34½
New England Patriots +5½ * vs New York Jets

This pays -112

This was more of an action play than anything...I wasn't super confident in any games tomorrow
so I did this teaser along with some parlays....

I only played to win a unit....So I went small.....1.12u to win 1u

You also don't have to buy as many points as I did....You can buy less so that you are still getting + odds.

Personally if I play a teaser it's usually for around 7 points or so and on a single game - one side and the total....I was doing it early in the year for prime time football games with success. I would call teasers a rare play for me. I don't play them every week....This is the largest point teaser I have played this year.

Hope this helps