Originally posted on 11/17/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
Are the majority of people who bet and play cards incapable of ever getting better no matter what they are taught or told? In order to improve, you need to have a degree of humility and be able to admit, "hey, I do this wrong."

i was watching a buddy play the other night when he got in a tough spot. He had queens on a very wet board against two players who rarely show aggression unless they have the goods. It didn't end well for him. I broke out the poker stove and showed him the odds of his play, why he was likely behind in that situation and why he needed to fold queens. So he was shown reasoning and math to back up why he should fold. At the end of it all he goes, "That's pretty cool, but I ain't ever fold queens there man." ...face palm.

Some people are a lost cause, are you one of them?
Things like people believing that they can beat sports betting by picking winners. If their method does not involve any pricing of the event they are betting they are going to have to be lucky to be getting value. Yet people blindly believe they can pull it off and never investigate how they might stop losing.

People have also come onto SBR and talked about profitable strategies for betting, only to be laughed at by the sqaures who don't want to improve.

Poker wise just so many tards who think they are good and are crap. They would rather abuse players from the rail about their "donkey play" than actually think about what led to that specific hand. Fukk i'm not even good at poker and I can win.