Originally posted on 11/13/2012:

I didn't read through all the responses, so I'm sure this has been covered...but here's my two cents. Personally, I've been there and done this. I started in college, helped pay my way. After college, I started working with bad people doing the same thing. This was nearly 20 years ago...Gambling is a dark world, with dark people that don't give a f'ck. I wish I never got involved, it nearly f'cked my life up. Are you willing to kick the shit out of someone for owing you money, you willing to put a gun in someones face? How about looking over your shoulder for a year after you've done that type of stuff, (that may be the worst part). It will eventually come to that I promise you. I don't care how "small time" you try and keep it. You'll end up down the rabbit hole and you'll face the darkness, everyone does, that's the business. I'm not sure where you're from, but if your choose to go Nino Brown style and you establish a business, you'll get a reputation. Which is great, because then people will fear your and you won't have to smash a bottle over their brothers head to prove a point. But that same reputation that makes you're job easier, will be your worst nightmare, because now you're known. Known to the police (some will be customers), and you'll be known by the really really bad people who's business you're taking. Have fun answering to them. If you're going to be a bookie you have to be an absolute sick f'ck to be successful, fearless and will to die for it.

I'm a husband and a Dad now, all this crap was a long time ago. Trust me, it's not worth it, being involved in this world were the worst years of my life.

I wonder what the statute of limitations is with this stuff? I have some stories I'm sure some would enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
Was offered a chance to become one from my local who ive been using for 5 years .. Would get a list of people and i would be on my own

Any ideas on people who were before on what to expect? Is it even a good idea?