Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16761060'>posted</a> on 11/13/2012:

If you are still looking for your 3 points here, look no further than the "intelligence" of both of these teams. Ohio St. has proven themselves capable of shooting themselves in the foot with bad penalties/penalty yardage all year. They consistently see drives extended against them or negative yardage due to penalties when they are on offense. They rank in the top 10 nationally in opponent first downs by penalty per game and in the bottom 20 in penalty yards amassed per game. Wisconsin on the other hand plays a very clean game mirroring the opposite of Ohio St. in both statistical departments.

We can go back and forth all day about who is the better team and who has beaten who where. The real key to this game and the real difference between the two is smarts and discipline where the true and very discernible advantage lies with Wisconsin. The home venue will only serve to exacerbate this difference with respect to the score.

It is beyond my reasonable expectation that Ohio State goes to Wisconsin on Senior day and plays a real clean game. For that reason I sided with Wisconsin at open @ -2.5 (-110) late Sunday night. I expect to beat the closing number here.