Originally posted on 11/08/2012:

In respect to the A&M game against Bama I initially leaned A&M as well for many reason's. Let me throw this out there. When Manziel and company have played real defenses (LSU and Florida) they scored a combined 36 pts. Which isn't horrible, but if you look closer only 7 total pts were scored combined in the 2H against both of those defenses and that offensive futility happened at home. So does it take a half to get use to Manziel's tendencies and the speed he plays with? Or is it not having the proper game plan coming into the game? The Florida game was the first game of the year before anybody really knew about Manziel and he and his team scored 17pts against Florida,but was completely shutout the 2H. Against LSU they scored a total of 19 pts with 9 of them coming quicky in the 1Q and settled for only 7 pts in the 2H with that TD coming losing 24-12 and it came with only 1 minute remaining in the game so you have to question the effort on LSU's part with the game basically over. I know Saban and Smart have watched how those defenses have stopped Manziel. You must keep outside contain and spy him with the LB and if you do that and make him one dimensional and he can't pick up 3rd downs running he no longer is Johnny Football. He is just another pretty decent QB in the league. I take nothing away from him, he is awesome and if he breaks contain and bounces it to the outside it will be a nightmare for Alabama trying to tackle him. My guess is Alabama keeps contain and makes him a pocket passer that gets sacked when he wants to run at the last minute. My guess is if Florida and LSU could figure him out on the road in he 2H than Alabama can as well because there defense is every bit as good as those 2 defenses plus this is on the road in a pretty tough environment for the young QB.

If you like Alabama scoring 30+ pts on A&M then I feel this is a bad bet because AM only mustered 17 and 19 at home against the 2 real defenses they saw. My guess is they score less than that on the road to Alabama. I know Alabama had an emotional win and this could be a letdown spot, but remember who there coach is. They know what is at stake here and A&M will not be taken lightly. Alabama, mentally because of Saban are like a NFL team. They have already spit on last week and are looking at the only regular season opponent that could derail there goals. This is the last real regular season game for Alabama and they did not get past last weeks ordeal to piss it away to johnny football at home. I look for it to be a blowout in the 2H. Best to take A&M 1H if you like them. I will wait to make a play on 2H taking Alabama if it is somewhat close, which would be 2 Td's our less.