Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16694802'>posted</a> on 11/08/2012:

I think they were undervalued last year, because people were unaware of how injuries were adversely affecting the team during the first half of the year. Not too mention how Pitino's teams historally improve throughout the year and his record as the season progresses(he crushes it in Feb). Once Siva's ankle healed last season they were a completely different team, he was playing injured early in the year.

Blackshear was injured and missed most of last year and considering his recruitment hype, he is expected to contribute much more this year. Behanan also became a much more consistent reliable frontcourt presence as the season progressed, solid double double guy all season this year as he was getting more significant time in Pitino's rotations down the stretch.

Although there is alot of reasons to be optimistic, I agree with Ferringo that the team with be overvalued this year. Last year was different because they started the season around 4th and fell off the map due to injuries and the time it took for Pitino to find his rotations.

Once they fell out of the top 25 and the their injured players recovered, many of whom were playing through injuries, they were well undervalued. This year they start overvalued, but like alot of team's their valuation will vary throughout the year and depend alot on how they mature and how their recruits integrate and adjust to NCAAB.

I posted a few times last year when Siva's ankle healed and the rotations were becoming solidified, they were undervalued, out of the top 25 but playing more like the top 5 team they had been rated preseason. Siva, the team leader, is limited offensively and no more than a very solid NCAAB player.