Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16693982'>posted</a> on 11/08/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderguy101 View Post
So why don't you update your record on a daily basis? Right after the game starts, post what you picked? Because anybody can do an end of the year record but we wouldn't be able to verify it for the whole season. I'm not saying your record is not correct but you should update it on a daily basis.
Two reasons:

1. Right now, I don't have the technical ability to do that. I'm talking programming. I'm talking how our site is set up. I know a lot of people think that anything can be done on websites with a snap of the finger, but it's actually not that easy at all. I need a web guy to update that page/pdf that the links on my page go to every day. I can't ask him to do that on top of everything else he's responsible for.

We have talked for years about doing a site redesign. I will absolutely be mentioning this if we ever do. And maybe next summer - during the "slow season" I will see if I can have the tech guys set-up my page so I can update it easily. This might not be an answer people want to hear, but it's a logistical reality.

2. YOU GUYS CAN DO IT YOURSELVES!

This is pretty crazy. The people in here post players' picks every day. Every day. I don't understand why there aren't more people that just contribute to the season-long threads like you guys had with my MLB. Do that, and then you have a running record. Why are you guys relying on anyone else for transparency when with just a little effort it can be done by people in the boards? And then you can have seasons' worth of records for handicappers and people could say, "This guy is better than this in this sport." Or, "this guy has been hot over the last month." ETC.

Again, I'm all for this. I really hope that you guys start a season-long thread for my college basketball picks. I thought it was fun and, at times, in formative to duck in there and talk with people. That's why I am here! That is what I want to do. I don't want to spend time defending my company or answering ridiculous claims. I want to talk hoops! Or talk betting. Or have discussions like in that thread with my projected lines.