Originally posted on 11/07/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
I'am a Republican, but that is really the most single dumb founding problem we face as a party. I don't know how can you spend one second outside and not see how important women voting is. I nearly fell out of my Chair laughing when CBS showed people across the Globe watching the Elections and Every Single Woman was Anti Romney. ..

The saddest part is I know other Republicans saw that and didn't pick up on the clues.. To best explain it my 58 year old mom & my 84 year old Grandma Voted for their very first time Simply to make Sure Romney didn't win.
WOW about your mom and Grandma! For some reason many of these pundits like to point the finger at race and the minority vote while completely ignoring the fact that women are now the majority of voters. And those who do seem to consider women for a second somehow think all we care about is abortion when the number #1 reason women gave for voting Obama was economic. Of course those legitimate rape comments and anything threatening our right to choose were always going to be big factors too. But when women are the head of many households - single or partnered and are also the primary caregivers for many of the elderly, you can't hit their wallets. You don't threaten to take away affordable access to birth control and preventative screening, ditch after school programs, HeadStart and everything else that can make a huge difference to their lives and often those of their children. The Republican Party needs to give up on all of that stuff if they want to have a chance. Last year marked the first time that more non white babies were born in the US than white and almost half of all children under the age of 5 are not white. The median age of whites in America is now over 42 - mainly past child-bearing age - so very soon the demographics of the US are going to change dramatically. They need to forget about pandering to the white male because they're very soon going to be the minority whether anyone likes it or not. Focus on women of all races... that's how they're going to win.