Originally posted on 10/29/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedTaco View Post
according to toptencappers website: NBA All Picks 490-402 (55%) +204.0

Anybody that saw these kinds of results last year? If recall there was some issues with his plays not being widely available in terms of the lines. I think his CBB should be better. These touts are forced to release picks even on small cards like the has NBA at times. With CBB you rarely have that problem.
Tread carefully with boyd. I know camelbreath likes to talk him up. But the truth is he went on an 8-game losing streak between June 1 and 9 (no play on 8th). Granted, this was the post season when the lines are sharper but 8 straight losses can really hurt the br. This is only for his highest rated plays. If you guys know boyd, you know exactly what number I'm talking about in terms of stars.

During the regular season last year, he did better (again, this is only for his highest rated plays). A few 3-game losing streaks and a few 5 or more winning streaks, with the majority falling somewhere in between.

During 2010-2011 season, he went 42-41. Longest win streak 7 and longest losing streak 4 (I do NOT know which of these games were the rated the highest, mid, low).

As far as getting the lines he gives out, anyone who tracks Boyd knows that he is notorious for giving out lines that are no longer available (except for those occasions in which the line moved against or didn't budge at all).

I track his plays, factor in where he is in the regression cycle, and use it as a very small part of my decision making process.

And, it should go without saying that past performance (good or bad) is NO guarantee of future results. I know that you know this but many newbies don't.