Originally posted on 10/17/2012:

If I were ranking right now, I have UL number 1, UK at 2, NC St. 3, Indiana/UM 4/5.

Indiana is good, but I don't think Crean can get it done, and there is just something about that team that seems suspect.

UL has crazy good talent, and coaching to match. That press they run is a nightmare - especially come tourney time.

UK, I give deference. I think they are no where near as good as last year. Noel isn't as good as expected. I feel he is rather one dimensional. Although that one dimension is elite.

UM is a very fun team, and I like their whole system.

NC St. is loaded with talent. They really came on strong. I expect big things from them this year.

Side Note:

UCLA could tumble out of the rankings. Their ranking is very dependent on Shabazz and Kyle Anderson being eligible. I know for a fact Bazz is rolling around the campus in a $150K range rover. I also think Howland is not who he was during that final four runs. He has a serious disconnect with his players, and he recruits kids that are incredibly talented, but do nothing for his system - which is very disciplined.