Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16411708'>posted</a> on 10/17/2012:

This is the problem with being a winner, books don't like it so they stop it. The whole controversy with Astros (poster) accidentally being overpaid by a book and cashing out and running was looked down upon by well over 50% of SBR.

I made a post in that thread with everything books will do to you if you win too much and it basically leads to banning you. I use betfair (exchange site) and they will tax you up to 60% if you win too much. This is to discourage 'green' bettors who only lay odds either way so they always win. If users didn't lay odds then other users couldn't back odds.

In big games (where there lots of action) that I will not have a pick I often green up for a guaranteed $5/$10/$20. It's nice knowing you will come out ahead when you really didn't do anything at all.

I digress, great job finding those lines dj_destroyer. I've made a few threads this NFL season exploiting +EV lines on 2 or more sites. Your bet guaranteed slightly less than a 1% gain in BR which of course +EV is great no matter what. The best I posted was 3.4% with SI and Pinny (don't use either of those sites).

Beetlejuice, what you are doing is the smartest way of betting possible. A couple tips:

1)Try to use books that don't have any deposit/withdrawal fees. If they do have fees find the cheapest deposit/withdrawal methods and only use those.
2)If you have sites that don't have fees, feel free to bet max e.g.,
$100 to win $105 at site A
$100 to win $105 at site B

Site A wins - cash out either $5 or $105 (your choice depending on BR outside of books)
Site B loses - deposit $100

3) Have a separate bank account for winnings only. This will make it easier to cash out as you want to watch it grow.

4) Have defined goals e.g.,
-You have $100 in 10 different books
-Make a goal that when your winnings only account accumulates $200 you will put $100 ($10 each) into the 10 books, take out $50 and celebrate and leave $50. You next goal might be $200 or $250.

5) Don't become fixated on the same 10 books, use new books too, look for bonuses with new books.

6) Talk to other SBR posters who use books that you use. Find out their policies on limiting players and how trustworthy these sites are for payouts.

7) Watch line movements. Pinny is usually the first to move and others follow. Some follow within seconds, others minutes, others much much longer. E.g.,

-NFL OU moves at Pinny from 50.5 to 48.5 30 minutes before kickoff.
-Immediately pretend take U50.5 at all books possible
-Watch how their lines move
-Once you get a good feel/grasp for other books and how they react to Pinny you will be able to make very sharp bets and then middle by buying O48.5

7) Find books that have tendencies. bodog almost always has a higher football OU line. Using the 50.5 dropping to 48.5 bodog is often slow to react and at times doesn't react much at all. Instead they'll just change the odds to O50.5 +105 and U50.5 -125. I feel their OU lines are always encouraging you to take the Over.

8) If you're outside America look into exchange sites (matchbook/betfair/betdaq). If you're in America learn how the exchange process works and hope they eventually re-open to US bettors. There are goldmines to be made if you are patient and understand line movements e.g.,

-Yesterday MNF lines were continuously EV without much ML movement. However, at betfair both teams at different times could be sold at -104 and/or bought at +104.