Originally posted on 10/11/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
GOOD books dont you guys all play at trash total shit books so of course those books who dont have enough money to pay their electric bills are going to limit/ban players they think can beat them.

The ONLY offshore place I got booted from was SIA, and EVERYONE got booted from them eventually.

I took more money of of Pinnacle, Canbet, and the Greek than you guys have seen, never got limited never got banned, never got anything. I did have multiple accounts but that is beside the point, and if these math guys were so smart they would have multiple accounts at the same book to to take advantage of their so called edges.

As far as variance, another math catch phrase. Variance is based on a finite principle. where there is a KNOWN mean. There is no such thing in sports betting, the only mean people can use is the ones book set and players try to figure out. You can try and estimate variance, but you still have to have the known end product to do so. The closing line doesnt count, thats where people fail. Because they think it does.

You dont think guys with actual brains dont know how to do it? You dont think they have all tried? Why havent they figured it out well enough yet? if anything "Variance" is code for "math doesnt work but we have a word that explains why, but we still try to apply math because it is the 'best' way to approach it".
Mean and variance estimates are not unique to sports betting. They are applied to MANY real-world distributions.

You know absolutely nothing about statistics nor mathematics. It's time you quit posturing like you have a clue what you're talking about.