Originally posted on 10/03/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
Points will never equate to the value that real money has... So really, sharps would have NO badges.
Of course they will never be taken with the same degree of seriousness. But you cannot say someone is sharp/square or whatever based on whether or not they participate in the points program. Hell, im one of the most active participants here as far as points go and by no means am I deadbeat, bum, broke dikk or whatever else I get called from time to time. Now I dont consider myself sharp by any means but I have managed to make sports betting at least a slightly profitable hobby. By no means to I make enough to justify the time/hassle etc but since I enjoy it making a little extra just goes along with it. Same concept with SBR.

Poker is a different story, for those of you who say anyone playing SBR could never make money playing real poker that is completely false. I cleared a good amount of money playing online poker back in the day and there are at least 10 players here I would put in categories Id consider as better all around poker players than myself. I will not name there names due to some already having substantial self value of themselves and I would hate to pump them up any farther.

IF you wanna squander them away fine, there fun to goof off with as well, but please stop with the argument that nobody worth a damn could take points seriously because if your already doing the betting, its not hard to add them at SBR and while the value is substantially less then actual cash the risk involved is zero. If you completely bust out of points SBR will give you some more tommorow.