Originally posted on 09/30/2012:

While we all have reservations and doubts, some more than others, I cannot help but smirk at the snarky, arrogant posts of the self-professed atheists. The bottom line is that they have no more proof that God does not exist than those who believe in Him. The devout would conjecture that they do have proof as written in parables while the skeptics would dismiss any and all claims based on lack of hard evidence.

While I respect a person's right to believe or disbelieve anything they choose, I am always fascinated at the pompous nature of the non-believers. If religion provides solace and comfort to one's fellow man then why take such glee in taking that away? Many of the atheists like Mr. Galt take even more joy in ridiculing the fire and brimstone, born again evangelicals because they are so certain and resolute in their faith and denounce those who don't believe. Kind of seems to me like you are doing the same thing, doesn't it? Pot meet kettle.

As for why bad things happen to good people. We are given free will by God, and if Mother Theresa chose to step in front of a train, she would perish like anyone else (yes, I know she's deceased). God does not intervene. Free will is what we have been granted and we are simply not meant to understand this life. It's bigger than all of us whether you believe or not.

In short, respect other people's choices and if you disagree, be kind because the fact is, you too may be wrong.