Originally posted on 09/27/2012:

With all the complaining about the shady books we have to deal with, you gotta even it out with praise when a book does well.

BetOnline customer service is terrible, you call those guys and they don't even care if they lose their job. I've had those guys laugh and hang up on me.

Heritage used to be best in the business until they grew and now good luck if you have a problem with them, all the new employees don't know chit about the policies. It's sad what Heritage has transformed into.

5dimes you're gonna have to deal with that psychopath Tony.

Bookmaker put you on hold forever and then charge half your balance if you wanna make a cash out.

BETISLANDS customer service still remains top notch even after all the growing pains. I just called them with a complicated issue, got a girl that speaks ENGLISH, I heard her explaining the issue to her manager, and she repeated it exactly right. I guarantee any other book I'd have to explain it 5 times and then the pricks would tell me to go get fukked, but BetIslands set me up.

Really impressed with this book. Jon knows what he's doing. If you're a US player and your main book isn't BetIslands, you're making a big mistake.