Originally posted on 09/04/2012:

there are more successful people here (opie) but i don't think i would want to switch places with anyone, i have a fun, fulfilling life and thought i'd give a couple tips on things i did in the past

1) bonus whoring, much tougher to do these days without neteller in the us, but still - if all your bets are being made to meet rollovers then you are on the + side of the juice instead of the - side
2) affirmations. write down what you will have 20 times a day (or 50). be realistic and very specific, like "i will have $100,000 in the bank by january 1, 2014." or "i will be married to a girl i love by january 1, 2016". sounds silly but it really did work for me.
3) do stuff that people think is crazy, rather than follow the crowd. using a math model to adjust your bet size really doesn't do much in the long run and wastes time and effort. i have listened to "learn esp" tapes (crazy huh?) and they really worked in getting me to see the future. watching a ton of sports and analyzing helps in this process of having a good feeling about what will happen.

as long as you're having fun with sports gambling and not losing too much, i would say you are a winner.