Originally posted on 08/29/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
Same as you. I played baseball into college and feel like I know it like the back of my hand, yet I've been totally handcuffed by it this season.

My theory is that there is so many games and the travel and the grind are so hard, not to mention the sport itself is very hard to play that you get such very inconsistent results due to fatigue, not giving a shit,etc.. Anybody can play baseball unlike basketball and football but not many can succeed at the game.

Take basketball. A 300 pound whale can shoot FT's at a decent %. Now I know there is more to the game than that, but what could some gigantic unathletic person do in baseball?

Baseball frustrated the shit out of me when I played it. I loved it, but I was never as good or as consistent as I thought I should be. It is such a grind on you mentally as well.

I got a good portion of my college education paid for because I was know to hit the ball occasionally where other's were not posistioned, but when I struggled it drove me insane. Like slumps hitting.Hitting is a confidence thing first and foremost and when you are struggling it is difficult to be confident and then it snowballs. 0-4's turn into 4-23's before you know it. It is a thankless game. Such as hitting lasers right at people. They say it averages it out. Some dinks and dunks fall in here and there. Never averaged out for me. It is a sport where you can do everything right and still fail. It is played out in gambling much like it was for me playing the sport.