Originally posted on 08/28/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
i am a firm believer in freedom of speech, but when someone starts suggesting that one of my sbr friends beats up his wife, it is time to stand up and fight!

let's rally the troops

Thanks Mike.....but this is a fight that could never be won. You can't fight ghosts. The anonymity of the internet allows guys to say things that they would never say in person. Regardless of how ridiculous or untrue something might be, there's simply no way to combat it. The more you try to set things straight, the more they'll make up. Its a never-ending, losing battle. Unfortunately, I sometimes have to deal with this type of crap even in real life. I decided long ago that the best thing for me was to not dignify ridiculous rumors or accusations with a response. Taking the high road has always worked best for me.

I would imagine its harder for older guys like ourselves. We didn't grow up with the internet. If we wanted to insult someone, it had to be done with real words coming out of our real mouths. The fact that doing this could have real repercussions made people think twice before saying something. Now....any jerkoff with akeyboard can say anything, no matter how untrue, immoral, or hurtful it may be. What do they care? Their miserable life won't be affected.