Originally posted on 08/07/2012:

If the IRS became suspicious on their own and decided to look into things I'd have no problem with it. However, I do have a problem when the IRS becomes political.

When I attended W.S.U = Washington State University, Duh... my public policy professor was a former auditor in Olympia, Washington. She and many of her colleagues discovered that some very wealthy elites were behind millions in their taxes. They started to investigate the matter and began contacting some of these individuals, who in return, contacted the governor...Gregiore at the time (not sure who runs things now). Apparently, they were Gregiore's donors. Someone from Gregoire's office contacted my professor and her colleagues, telling them to all layoff. They didn't. They then received notice that were to be demoted to an entry-level position, or they could leave, in which they then decided to sue the state. Justice? Hardly, this case, the last I heard, had been delayed and delayed.

When these institutions become political, there's never justice. If Romney's guilty, then I hope he burns. But ask yourself, if they are willing to play politics and go after someone, what aren't they willing to do in the name of politics?