Originally posted on 07/07/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
how?

I want to know how bringing this guy in helps them now. People love posting stats. Stats DONT MEAN JACK SHIT in the NBA. Stats only mean anything is baseball thats it, and even there it is relative as well.

How is bringing this guy in making them a contender? They arent in the same stratosphere as Miami or even OKC still, sure they might be slightly better than they were last year, but if they trade Gasol away they will be worse, unless something happens and they get someone that plays out of his mind for them, but on a team with Kobe Bryant on it that isnt going to happen.

Unless Nash comes in and instantly bypasses Kobe and goes right to the big men 75% of the time this team wont be any better than they were this past year, which is better than I thought they would be but other teams are much better also so it all evens out I suppose. But you know around game 10 or 11 Kobe will start bringing the ball up and jacking up his stupid circus shots and Lakers will just collapse like they always do. I doubt Nash has the stones to put kobe in his place so it will be just like it has always been.

Instead of trading away all those draft picks they should have tried to work a way to get rid of Kobe in that deal.
How does he help?? are you serious?? This is the best point guard the Lakers have seen since Shaq left bar none. Arguably the best pick & roll point guard in the league & now has Gasol to work with in that department. A deadly spot UP shooter. One of the best free-throw shooters in the history of the game. Second in the league in assist @ the age of 37. One of the smartest & highest basketball IQ guys the league has ever seen. Floor leader, locker room leader, clutch shooter, fiercely competitive.....the list goes on & on & you're asking how he helps now?? Do you even watch what's going on out there?? Should the Lakers go with Sessions instead How bout Blake considering the options out there who do you suggest they go with??

if this moves makes them slightly better than last yr like you say I guess that means they'll be the 2nd best team in the West rather than the 3rd. Is there anything wrong w/ being the 2nd best team in the conference 13 out of 15 teams can only wish to be the 2nd best team in the conference. Last yr you predicted lottery for the Lakers then changed tune hoping they would win enough games to get a later worthless draft pick. Now you're saying why would the Lakers trade away those same worthless draft picks for one of the best point guards of all-time that gives them a chance to win now?? And how is it that the Lakers will "collapse like they always do" In case you haven't been watching the Lakers have won 2 of the last 4 & 5 of the last 12 Championships. Yes I hope they continue to "collapse like they always do."
Why are you so jealous of the Lakers success?? Or are you really just that clueless??