Originally posted on 07/05/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Which drivers are better in the rain? I havent been watching F1 long enough to know this.
Others might have a different view but IMO most of the current drivers have proved to be very capable in wet conditions.

Webber, Vettel, Button, Hamilton have all had very strong results in the wet in past years. Alonso hasn't had much wet success from memory but you can never rule him out, also Schumacher has been dominant in the wet many years ago.

But more importantly, you should look at which teams have managed to get their car working well in cold/changeable conditions. These would be Sauber, Mercedes & Ferrari. But you should also not rule out Red Bull & McLaren as both cars should be very well suited to the Silverstone circuit with its high speed corners. Another to consider would be Maldonado in the Williams & the Lotus cars, but these guys seem to have cars much better suited to hot weather conditions, so I think they may be disadvantaged this weekend.

I think if it's dry, Red Bull will be the team to beat, followed closely by McLaren. If it is wet/mixed conditions, it will be wide open and come down to who gets everything spot on with regards to correct tyre & race strategy, especially making sure you are on the right tyre at the right time.