Nothing wrong with being a car salesman. Its certainly not a reflection on his college experience. He's probably what, like 22-23 years old? The fact is, whatever your degree is in, no one in the business world will take you seriously until you're 27-28 years old. That's simply the way that it is. I realize theres always exceptions, but until that age you simply haven't experienced enough life to know much.

Both of my last 2 summers before I graduated college I sold Encyclopedias door-to-door for a great company that hired college guys for this. They took you and a couple of other guys you didn't even know and shipped you somewhere across the country to live in some host families basement and ride a bike selling "Learning Tools" 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. It was the hardest, most miserable work you could possibly imagine. But if you stuck it out, at the end of those 3 months, you had made anywhere from 30 - 45k. Honest to God.

I have no doubt that learning how to sell in such a brutal climate like door-to-door did more for me than anything else I could've done. If you want to learn how well you deal with rejection, go hit up a bunch of lower to middle class homes and try to talk them into spending their hard earned $ to buy some fukkin books from you.

Give 100% at your new job, Sammy. You never know what might arise from this experience. I think its a fantastic opportunity for you.

Congrats.