rocky502
    rocky502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Being Conservative Means Being A Hypocrite : Nominated Post

Originally posted on 06/17/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post
    How can you support a lower deficit AND lower taxes? How can you be pro-life, pro-war, and kill doctors? How can you claim to care about the economy while pushing policies that hurt the economy? Come on rethugs explain your b.s.
    Let's talk about your simple mind and actually discuss your liberal lunacy.

1) Lower deficit and lower taxes- specifically the Obama proposal of doubling the capital gains rate.

Case 1 Bill Clinton lowers cap. gains rate from 28% to 20%:
    The 1997 rate reduction on capital gains unleashed the economy, causing capital investment to more than triple by 1998 and double again in 1999. Treasury receipts for this category of tax obligation increased dramatically.
    Case 2 Bush takes rate from 20 to 15%:
    For anyone willing to read it, the January 2007 Congressional Budget Office annual report settles any debate. Citing the original CBO forecasts of capital gains tax revenue of $42 billion in 2003, $46 billion in 2004, $52 billion in 2005, and $57 billion in 2006, Democrats who opposed the rate reduction in 2003 claimed that the capital gains tax cut would "cost" the federal treasury $5.4 billion in fiscal years 2003-2006.

So lower capital gains rates on the last two rate reductions (one under Clinton and one under Bush) have actually led to more revenue. I don't expect a simple-minded person like Golf to understand but over the past two decades, we have had two rate reductions, both of which have actually led to more revenue.

Point Two: Conservatives are Pro-life-pro-war-and kill doctors

First off, you lose all credibility by stating that conservatives are for killing doctors. So no need to discuss that idiotic point any further. While I am not a religious person, I can see how someone can be pro-life. Considering at some point in the mother's womb there is a heartbeat, and an actual growing body. So while I may not agree, I can at least comprehend and respect someone's opinion on that. PRO-War: While republicans tend to be more hawkish, you might want to look at which president tripled the amount of troops in Afghanistan and continues to slaughter innocent men, women and children in a country we are not at war with.

Point three: Republicans are pushing policies that hurt the economy. Until you can come up with which policies are being "pushed" that hurt the economy, the "BS" can't be explained.

Now I would like you to explain one point of liberal hypocrisy:

How do you turn a blind eye to YOUR president using drone strikes in a country where there is no declaration of war? The biggest loudmouthed liberals that complained that the Bush/Cheney war machine was capturing and detaining suspected militants at Gitmo have all of a sudden gone silent as Obama slaughters these same militants along with hundreds if not thousands of innocents in collateral damage. So capturing and detaining with the intent to put them on trial is bad, but killing them along with any women and children that happen to be nearby now draws praise from you liberals.

-Reports of the number of militants versus civilian casualties differ.[12] In a 2009 opinion article, Daniel L. Byman of the Brookings Institution wrote that drone strikes may have killed "10 or so civilians" for every "mid- and high-ranking [al Qaeda and Taliban] leader.

-Based on extensive research, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism found that between 391 – 780 civilians were killed out of a total of between 1,658 and 2,597 and that 160 children are reported among the deaths. The Bureau also revealed that since President Obama took office at least 50 civilians were killed in follow-up strikes when they had gone to help victims. More than 20 civilians have also been attacked in deliberate strikes on funerals and mourners.

Please explain this liberal hypocrisy Golf.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-26-15 at 03:17 PM. Reason: link does not work