Originally posted on 06/12/2012:

What exactly are 'provider' issues, Lou?
Isn't thier poker provider the network they are on? Please help me understand this.

Speaking to thier CS I was told funds have been manually (by them) moved from poker to sports, thus a DeFacto ceasing of poker for every single BOL customer.
If we log on and play a freeroll or points to enter torney, what happens to real cash that is then generated in a player's account?

Why has not a single email been sent to customers to explain whats going on, yet no problem me getting their emails 'thanking me for not hammering them on the NBA playoffs'?!

Am I out of line to have expected a site that has made hundreds/thousands of dollars from me in rake to let me know about a 'problem' that has NO ESTIMATED FIX DATE?!

Only me hammering away with my one post(which SBR has now locked closed) is the reason
we now have a 'statement' from them?

Lou, answer one last question honestly, please and with all respect:
If your oldest son asks you tommorrow should he put a few thousand into BetOnline.ag, would you say, "Great idea son!", or would you dissuade him from this particular choice of books?
(Obviously let's assume he won't have the suction of his dad to back him up should things go awry.)