Mac, I've never had a lot of success for any real length of time gambling but my one shining moment came 17 years ago. I didn't have an account of my own but had a buddy who had one and I was dabbling around through him during the football season. I was on a particularly bad run and was down about $1000 when I decided to do something stupid for the hell of it and place a 15-Teamer.

I won that parlay, well every team I selected covered their game because in order for me to have won that parlay my friend had to place the bet which he didn't. That was a little over 13K and at the time would have changed my life.

My friend obviously thought I would lose (who wouldn't) and he wasn't trying to save me any money, he was holding my action and had been for a while. He couldn't afford to pay me cause he was a bigger loser than I was and kicking his ass while tempting wouldn't get me my money. I let it go Mac but I'm still bitter about it.

If you can afford it pay the guy. Even if it takes you a while, pay him off. Your intentions may have been good but your word should be better.