Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
two points i agree with as well...bradley backers aren't really arguing their case, and mayweather/pacquiao has built up enough steam so that this won't affect that really, esp when everyone thinks manny won anyway
Here's one guy who bet Bradley and I'm not disputing the win. I had it 115-113 for Pacquiao but a couple of the rounds were close. To score it 115-113 for Bradley is not out of line. For the record and for what it's worth, I work in the boxing business and while I definitely see a case for Manny, there are a few things many people forget.

Fights are scored round by round, not in their entirety. Pacquiao looked like crap the last 6 rounds and did not throw alot of punches that connected SOLID. In the beginning of the fight he did, but I had Bradley winning 4 of the last 6 rounds, mainly because he was the busier fighter and made Pacquaio miss.

Judges sit ringside, we don't. These are experienced judges who have been around the sport for years and judged many, many fights. Although boxing decisions are definitely questionable or down right foul at times, many, many fights are scored perfectly. Not many people talk about this.

Finally, people watching a fight may think a fighter has won a round, but ask them for the scoring criteria and I dare say most are oblivious to them.

To me, I thought Pacquiao looked like shit but won a narrow decision. However, as I said, Bradley came on at the end of the fight and it doesn't surprise me he won a split decision.

Since I bet the over, I'm pretty happy. If you check the thread about this fight, I did say that Bradley was going to be extremely fit and ready and people shouldn't under-estimate him as he might pull off the upset. Pacquiao definitely didn't look like the Pacquiao of old who was destroying everyone. Also, now he's getting a taste of his own medicine, just like Marquez did twice, and he's going to have to deal with it. If there's a rematch, I would bet on Bradley again, Pacquiao is looking ring worn and I can't see him winning against Bradley and especially against Mayweather, who would not only outbox him but probably knock him out.